- Vicky Siviter
There's less than two weeks until the big day, but that's plenty of time to make your Christmas environmentally sound. Here are our top five eco-ethical tips for the festive season!
1. Very simple - choose recycled Christmas cards. Or even better, make your own from materials you have around the house.
2. Conserve energy by setting your Christmas lights on a timer, or simply unplug them when you leave the room.
3. Reuse and repurpose your decorations. Don't buy new each year - a unique new arrangement or crafty use of old decor can really transform a room.
This year we've got a pink and black theme in the BIDBI office.
4. Buy local. Support local and Fair Trade products by buying your Christmas tree and food from local and trusted sources. Ethical and delicious!
5. Wrap up warm! As the cold weather truly sets in, put on your slippers and a warm jumper instead of turning up the heating. We love cosying up with a mug of hot choc.
P.S. Our BIDBI eco-factory and office will close at 5pm on Tuesday 24th December and reopen on Thursday 2nd January 2014. We'll respond to any enquiries as soon as possible. Have a great Christmas break!Tweet