- Alison Williams
- 12th August 2020
Today we had the pleasure of having a catch up with HR manager Alison Williams, (and sitting on the very comfy sofa in her office), to interview her about life at BIDBI and ask her some other fun questions.
- Hi Alison, tell us about your job, and what you do on an average day at BIDBI?
I am the HR Manager at BIDBI, I look after the employee lifecycle including the recruitment, leaving processes and everything in-between. A large part of my role is looking at the strategies to improve employee wellbeing and helping to shape and cultivate our workplace culture, onboarding experience and our internal communications.
- What is the best part about working for BIDBI’s HR team?
I like knowing the whole team because I get to meet everyone who comes through the door. It’s nice to be a familiar face to everyone. Because BIDBI is a smaller company I like that I can implement and facilitate change.
- Why do you think that the BIDBI workforce is so great?
Our workforce is so great because it is made up of a great mix of people and characters with a wide variety of experience and backgrounds, it makes for a fun and varied environment. Being smaller everyone knows each other which is a great thing.
- Have you learnt anything surprising since you started working here?
The processes and regulations around how we handle and manage our organic products was a surprise. The fact that we work with some huge well known international brands is always a pleasant surprise, but not so much as we really do provide the best quality for our clients.
- If you did not work in HR what do you think you would do?
I think I’d have to say I’d be travelling, around Australia and the USA. I couldn’t imagine myself in a job other than in HR, I enjoy it too much.
- What do you do to be more eco-friendly?
Recently I have become much more mindful with the choices I make. I have stopped eating meat, I really consider product choices based on the packaging they come in, and single use plastic is a big no go!! I’ve also completely changed up my skincare and cleaning products to ensure they’re not tested on animals and use no harsh chemicals that can harm the water systems.
- What is your favourite thing to do on the weekend?
Being out and about in the city with my daughter and going for a coffee (in my keep cup of course) and a walk around people watching. I also love going to the cinema, or the wildlife park and stuff like that with my daughter and husband. And I love a massive glass of wine.
- What is the best dish you cook?
I make a really good roasted aubergine/cauliflower, I go all out, it looks very Instagram worthy.
- If you had a fiver what would you spend it on?
I would spend it on a really nice coffee.
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you have and why?
A German Sheppard, I have always wanted a dog but I want to be fully prepared to be able to give it all the love and time it needs and me and my husband work full-time and I wouldn’t want to leave it alone in the house for long periods of time at first.
- Imagine you are stranded on a desert island and had food and water, what 3 additional items would you take with you?
I would take my Daughter, a bottle of SPF and loads of Double Deckers!
- To finish off, tell us the best place you’ve ever visited?
It has to be Central Park in New York, it’s the weirdest feeling being in this massive open space right in the heart of New York City but it’s amazing.